Tuesday, March 10, 2009

IF IT'S FREE, ITS FOR ME!!!!


Since I started this new journey of frugality a mere two months ago, I began signing up for things via the internet - free magazines, free samples, free anything I thought I could use. I am still amazed every day when I go to the mailbox. Approximately 5 days out of 7 I can count on having something "free" in there. It's great! My kids love it because they LOVE mail. And I am constantly surprised because I forget what I've signed up for. This is a picture of what came "free" in today's mail. I love it!

We don't travel very much but next time we do go away, I'll be ready! Every May our church has a basket social and people make up all sorts of baskets which are sold in a chinese auction style. It's tons of fun and raises a lot of revenue for our church. I usually do some sort of "kid" themed basket since that's what I know but this year I'm doing two household basic baskets. In this tough economy I think they will be wildly popular. I'm thinking of one basket of cleaning supplies, paper towels, toilet paper - all the result of my frugal shopping, of course. And, the other basket will be a bath basket with some of my extra shampoo, soap, razors, etc. I am so excited about this! Not only will I be able to use some of my stockpile which is growing weekly but I'll be able to do something for the church we love. Sounds like a win-win.

I'll be sure to post a picture of the baskets once they are done. What does everyone else do with their excess?

No comments:

Post a Comment