Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another great chicken recipe


Many moons ago I lived in the South for a short time. While there I made some wonderful friends, one of which introduced me to Poppyseed Chicken. Since then, it has been one of my "go to" dinners when I'm just not sure what else to make. And it is actually my 8 year old daughter's favorite which means we have it at least 1-2 times per month. If you haven't tried it yet, here it is:

Poppyseed Chicken

Cook 3-4 boneless chicken breasts and cube them.
Mix with 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup and 1 cup sour cream.

Put that mixture in a casserole dish - I use an 8x11 or 9x9 whichever is handy.

Melt 1 stick of butter and mix with 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers that has been crushed. Put the crackers on top of the chicken and then sprinkle poppysee on top of the crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I serve it with a vegetable and sometimes rolls.

This is a great casserole to take to a covered dish or to a friend in need. It's guaranteed to put a smile on someone's face. I forgot to take a picture of the casserole so here's a picture of my hubby's plate that's waiting for him to enjoy tonight after work. I hope you and your family enjoy it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment